Tickets for the 2018 MWBE Expo are not yet available. Keep checking back for event updates!
MWBE Expo of Central New York
Meet face to face with organizations that purchase goods, services, and construction contracts across the Central New York region. Learn how to do business with these organizations, discover current and upcoming opportunities for projects, and how to get into the bid stream. The day will include a keynote speaker, panel discussions about both government and private equity sectors, a vendor expo, and one-on-one matchmaker sessions.
Event Agenda from 2017 (this will be updated as details for the 2018 event become available)
- 8:30-9:05 a.m. | Sign in, schedule matchmaking sessions, networking & welcome address
- 9:05-10:00 a.m. | General Contractor Panel: Featuring panelists Eli Smith (E. Smith Contractors), Chris Gray (Turner Construction), Jennifer Barnes (Rich & Gardner)
- 10:05-11:00 a.m. | Government Entity Panel: Featuring panelists Andrew Trombley (Onondaga County), Tom Pelis (Upstate Medical University), Lamont Mitchell (City of Syracuse)
- 11:05-12:00 p.m. | Private Entity Panel: Featuring panelists Joseph Alfieri (Syracuse University), Fleur Callendar (National Grid), Erica Hernandez Cornier (New York/New Jersey Minority Development Council)
Lunch and Matchmaking
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. | Lunch and Keynote Address: Lourdes Zapata, Empire State Development Corporation
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. | Matchmaking Sessions: 4-minute sessions with private and government entity representatives
Become an Event Sponsor
If you’re interested in participating as a sponsor for this event, please reach out to Samantha Brennan at email@example.com or by calling (315) 443-8466 to learn about the available opportunities.
Event parking is available at no charge at the South Side Innovation Center, which shares a parking lot with Dunk and Bright Furniture. We’re located at 2610 S. Salina Street in Syracuse.